Saturday, October 28, 2006

'73 British Navy Transport Vessel

I was fortunate enough to go along to pick-up friends that were anchored just down river from the house that were visiting the big house. This vessel was purchased from the British Navy(I think this is correct) as a personnel vessel and then was motored across the Atlantic and is now slowly being restored to a wonderful yacht. She has beautiful lines and sits so proud in the water. I think the dry weight was quoted at 125,000 tons/ 250,000 lbs, that's a lot of weight to float.




Engine room with all of the valves and a HUGE 4 cylinder diesel engine and two large generators, it was very perplexing and the owner understood most all of it.

Mates quarters, a couple bunks and a sink, I guess I missed the all important shower and toilet.
Captains quarters, with a bunk and a desk and some closet space.
Front Deck.



This is my favorite photo of the boat. (click the photos to enlarge)
Friends heading home for dinner with LLandovery in the back drop. (free taxi)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home