Saturday, September 23, 2006

Homecoming?

Wray, Co...Emily and I stopped by my home town. We spent about an hour and saw all of the attractions. I think it has been just under 10 years since I was here and how things stay the same.
My high school, this was new when I was a sophomore. Many thought it looked like a prison, who knows?
A drive-by on the last house my mom lived in, for a matter of fact, the last house I lived in/ was in the last time I was in this town. I knew the people living in the house, the girl was in my brother's class.My parent's old real estate/ insurance office.

The restaurant/ motel my parents owned and my mom still runs.
The Cliff Theater, the place I saw Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit, one show, one time(7:45) 4 nights a week and still open.
Peeking over the fence at the backyard fence of the house I grew up in, oh the memories, it made me a little teary eyed.

203 Filbert Street
Wray, CO 80758
303-332-5900

"The House" The upstairs left window was my room and the one on the right was Justin's. (the one a nosey neighbor lied to our parents about and said Brad and I were hanging Justin out the windowby his feet) I got a whooppin' for that one, also 'cause it was my idea. What is that? F**kin nosey neighbors!
The last words spoken to me by my father...
"I was to proud...to proud to ever admit how wrong everything is.""Help your mom understand."

1 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

todd, this was really touching. it must have been an emotional journey. thank you for sharing it...and what a good travelling companion you had. :)

28/9/06 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home