Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Great Train Post

Here's the yard to -be. I am waiting for the element to sale, and then I am going to build in the extra garage space. Imagine that, an extra garage stall. Maybe not for you, but an extra stall is unheard of to me, I am a garage kinda guy. If there's a garage, the car is in it. I'll have to show you Emily's 'pull-thru' stall for her car, it has two doors, one in front and one behind. And of course each has an opener on it with a button in her car. Anyway, back to the important stuff, train yards. So my thought is to build in the garage with nice framing and keep it covered while not in use. And then maybe transfer upstairs to the storage area if we insulated it, right now it would be real cold, but the garage is insulated so it stays about 60 degrees with the doors closed. So to make this post the most enjoyable possible you should put on some Johnny Cash , maybe crack a beer, and let the trains roll on down the lines. The birds-eye view of the yard.
One of the new locomotives pulling some varied freight cars.
Two trains ready to leave the yard and all of the random left-over freight cars and engines.

Here's the two new beast. Two EMD GP-20's for the crazy price of $190 to my door. They are more than I could have ever imagined. Hard to believe I am saying this, but I would pay full retail now knowing what they encompass.

GP-20's in the background with the yard in the front.
I need video so I could show you all of the awesome sounds.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home