Friday, February 02, 2007

Train Update

I have two trains running here, no permanent track laid yet but look at all of the turnouts in my rail yard. I can build a train now, while another train is running the line.Here's a shot of the 'new' yard and the main line running behind the yard. I never imagined how much time one could spend "laying track" and all of the other details. I'm still deciding what I want the layout to be size wise. I have plenty of room/ space it is just not insulated so it's a little cold now and a little hot several months from now. I could just wear my insulated overalls and coats now, and come summer I will be in my underwear or less. Doesn't sound very fun.(unless Emily is 'training' with me)
The Birds Eye ViewHere's a shot of the whole layout, it's about 9'-3" on the long left side. I was thinking of two sheets of 4x8 plywood but am thinking I might need(?) to make a U instead of just an L. Money and time, are the only limits. We shall see...I'll have to make a dead end line for an extension, simple, just a turn out and some track. I am very excited to have found The Great Scale Model Train Show in Timonium, MD, the same fair grounds that we attended the Maryland Horse Expo two weeks ago. It looks to be a very large show, we are only able to attend Sunday, so I hope to be able to catch everything and do all of my shopping as well. (I do have a shopping list) I will post photos of the great show next week. Hopefully Emily will not get too bored with all the show. The next show is in April, I'll probably be going alone.

(i hope this update gets me out of the slacker pile, at least for a bit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home